Today two very exciting things happened.
1. This lovely little number appeared in my inbox. (I promptly downloaded it and printed it out because taking pictures of my computer screen isn’t nearly as cool)
Yay!! I am quite excited right now, and scared, and excited (did I mention that already?). Now I am very experienced when it comes to camps, I spent my summers in high school working at one, I eventually trained other staff members, and I even returned as an EMT to be on the medical staff my final summer. But this? This scares me to death. One, because it’s a new camp, new culture, new everything. Two, all the kids have diabetes. Three, I’m sorta responsible. Eeek! But, pleeaassse I got this. Okay, Sara. Stick to basics. One day at a time.
2. While I was reading the above handbook and freaking out just a bit. The wonderful brown truck of good-ness rolled up and delivered these!
Now, it may seem from the picture that I am not excited for this delivery, but don’t be fooled. I am. That particular face conveys my feelings regarding the potential mess these little beauties could make. But, as I wanted to get back on my CGM, I plunged forward!
Yay! All inserted and no appendages stuck to awkward places!
A brief review of the process. Yes, the Skin Tac was sticky, as advertised, but I kept a handy alcohol wipe nearby to wipe my fingers on so it wasn’t a BIG deal. Next time I will probably mark the spot I intend to insert the sensor as the whole, “Wipe the Skin Tac in a doughnut shape around the insertion site,” didn’t happen. I tried, but as soon as I lifted the wipe I was lost. So the sensor probably has some of the lovely Skin Tac on it but I doubt it will be that much of a problem. After I had inserted the sensor, I then used the Skin Tac to seal the edges and an alcohol wipe to clean up around the adhesive patch. I also utilized a hair dryer to speed to the drying process a little. Overall, really simple. No thoughts yet on it’s effectiveness, only time will tell.